Sunday 6 May 2007

Reality cheque (payable to "Race for Life")

As you know, this blog is intended to record our experiences as we prepare for the Race for Life on the 17th June. My initial thoughts were that I'd be recording stuff about my aching feet, lungs fit to burst and so on. How I deeply wish that was the extent of it.

I know that everyone has moments in their life which are truly life changing and I'd give anything for the life changing moment that my friends Dave and Maria had last week to be different. You've probably guessed that the nightmare diagnosis of the big C has been made and Dave is about to undergo surgery to hopefully rid his body of the disease. The irony is that we spent some time with them just two weeks ago and no one knew anything about it, and we were chatting about the Race for Life and my attempts to complete it. So when I received a message yesterday telling me to jog a few more miles just for Dave this whole thing seemed crystal clear and way too close for comfort. Dave is now my inspiration to stop moaning about trivial matters and get on with this to help in some small way. This is for you Dave and Maria, with love.

Relatively good weekend training wise- bike ride Saturday, walk in Savernake Woods Sunday morning, walk home from the pub Sunday lunchtime, bike ride to Julie's Sunday afternoon, then WALKED home pushing my bike from Julie's Sunday evening due to a puncture (prime suspect for puncturing tyre- Julie)


Healthy positive love

RAA
XX

No comments: