Thursday 3 May 2007

Training Schedule, Day 4 - 21st April 2007

Having not been put off by our first session, Rosemary and I agreed to meet again 3 days later. I did instruct her to leave Steve at home however and we would follow our own plan. I am seriously worried that if we aren’t kind to ourselves we may not run the race. I am pleased to report that Rosemary has agreed and we meet in Coate Water car park for our second day of training together.
We start off gently, discussing our last session and reviewing the way forward. It seems we have both been quite unwell. I would like to report that it is due to putting our bodies under such physical exertion but I feel, that would be over-playing our part somewhat. I think it is more realistic that we have a cold.
After a slow start, I inform Rosemary that there is a sex pervert preying on women joggers in Swindon and particularly in the park areas, Lydiard, Coate etc. She seemed rather delighted at the thought and I definitely saw a glint in her eye as she suddenly put a spring into her step.... now we are power walking!!!!
Had a better sports bra on today, doesn’t so much support as flattens my breasts and holds them in place. Not sure it will help my running but Mr Sex Pervert will have trouble grabbing hold of these squashed babies.
We have broken our personal best for lapping Coate Water and have come in 3 minutes under our previous time. Obviously a fantastic sign that we are getting fitter!!!!

Yours optimistically,
Julie

No comments: